Open Heavens Devotional By Pastor E. A.Adeboye
Tuesday 14th June, 2016 – 14/6/2016
Topic: Mighty To Save
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
20. And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.
21. Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
22. Therefore because the king’s commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego.
23. And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
EZRA 8:24-10:44 and ECCLESIASTES 7:9-18
It is a precious things to know the God you serve. The Almighty God is mighty to save. They that know their God shall be strong and do exploits. The three Hebrew boys were able to stand before the King and the religious leaders of their time to declare the sovereignty of the Almighty God because they knew Him well. From the story in today’s Bible reading, it is evident that there are tremendous benefits in knowing the God you serve. The knowledge of the boys delivered them from the destruction of the King. The presence of God provided a divine seal of approval that these were not jokers, but genuine children of God. The knowledge of God produces strength and courage, knowing well that there is nothing that confronts you in life that is beyond God. These boys did not serve God only because He save them; they serve Him majorly because of who they knew Him to be. There are many people who are only serving God as long as things are happening in their best interests.
God does not like enemies rejoicing over His children. Every time there is a situation that might result in the enemy rejoicing over the children of God, He will step in to show to the world that He is mighty to save. This is why I pity those who mess with the anointed of the Lord. There are two people to fear in the world: God and the man that fears God. The moment you are a genuine child of God, all your enemies automatically become God’s enemies. Nobody can fight God and win, the moment God takes over the battles of your life, you can confidently go to sleep with your two eyes closed.
Are you like Shedrack, Meshach and Abednego? Have you made up your mind that no amount of threat made towards you in your place of work will make you compromise your faith? I want to congratulate you, because if you don’t bow, you are not going to burn. Don’t ever risk your glorious destiny in God by worshipping anything that represents Nebuchadnezzar. Your God is greater and has full control over all kings and powers. He has the power to unseat anyone making life difficult for you. I decree that everyone who wants you to bow to them at the detriment of your faith in God will be removed from their positions without prior notice in Jesus’ name.
PRAYER POINT :
Father, from today, deliver me from those that are stronger than me in Jesus name.