Welcome to informationhood. Happy new month to you all.
How to gain admission into the Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA)
The Federal University of Technology, Minna is a Federal Government owned University in Nigeria that was established on 1st of February, 1983, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria. The objective for its establishment is to give effect to the Nation’s drive for the much-needed self-reliance in Science, Engineering and especially Technology. The university is supervised by the Vice- Chancellor Professor Abdullahi Bala with about 698 Administrative staff and 15,000 students ( Undergraduates and Post-graduates).
it is a specialized University of Technology with the vision of becoming a world class and Nigeria’s leading University recognized for it s excellence in capacity building and service delivery. And the mission commitment to the training of skilled and innovative work-force that would transform Nigeria’s natural resources into goods and services driven by entrepreneurship and Information and Communication Technology (ICT), to positively affect the economy and thus the quality of life of her people and the motto” Technology for Empowerment “.
The University is a designated Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering and has a core competence in the development of vaccines and drugsai for this reason gaining admission into this Tertiary institutions might be very competitive because a lot of people applying for admission annually and only limited spaces are available. The interesting news is : Some of the students that apply for admission into a particular institution always gain admission while some don’t. It is obvious that FUTMINNA is a technology school with the vision of becoming a world class University of Technology and a centre of excellence in training, research and service delivery.
The school is known for merit which means if you prepare well you will be offer an admission. The following requirements is needed in gaining admission into the university.
FUTMinna Admission Requirements and Direct Entry Requirements, JAMB and Post-UTME Cut-Off Mark.
1. All candidates must possess at less, 5 O’Level credits or its equivalent in SSCE, GCE O’Level, which must also include English Language.
Candidates must score this in not more than 2 sittings.
2. The JAMB UTME cut off mark score is, at least 180 for all programmes.
3. All Aspirants, candidates must choose the Federal University of Technology, FUTMINNA as their 1st choice or 2nd choice of institution to qualify for the UTME and Post-UTME screening test.
4. While all Direct Entry (DE) applicants must possess at least 5 credit passes or its equivalent in SSCE, GCE, which must include English Language in not more than 2 sittings.
5. All Direct entry (DE) applicants must possess either of OND, HND or NCE in their relevant programme to be undertaken in Federal University of Technology,FUTMINNA
6. An Acceptable score is prescribed for admission at the direct entry screening exercise.
7. The Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the direct entry screening result.
Faculties in the university:
The great University has 9 schools (faculties):
- School of Agriculture and Agriculture Technology
- School of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- School of Entrepreneurship and Management Technology
- School of Environmental Technology
- School of life sciences
- School of physical sciences
- School of Information and Communication Technology
- School of Technology Education
- School of Post Graduate Studies
For more information please follow the link: www.futminna.edu.ng