Welcome to informationhood. This article focus on how to gain admission in futo university.
Gaining admission into Federal University of Technology Owerri
Federal University of Technology Owerri
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is a federal government university in Ihiagwa town, it is a 12-minute drive from Owerri, the capital of Imo State.
How to Gain Admission Into Futo Easily
The University is bounded by the communities of Eziobodo, Umuchima, Ihiagwa and Obinze, Imo State, Nigeria. It is the premier federal university of technology in the south east and south south parts of Nigeria Established in 1980 and presently supervised by Vice-Chancellor
Professor Francis Chukwuemeka Eze. The great university was established with the vision of re-engineering and repositioning the Federal University of Technology to be a truly world class university through recreating, nurturing and developing uniquely promising students and exceptional staff in Science, Technology and enterprise to the benefit of our globalized world and the motto”Technology for Service”, the mission; To operate practical and training geared towards transforming the nation’s economy from consumer-oriented to production-oriented, with a sound technological base.
Gaining admission into this Tertiary institutions might be very competitive because high number of people applying for admission annually and only limited spaces are available.
The interesting news is : Some of the students that apply for admission into a particular institution always gain admission while some don’t. It is obvious that FUTO is a technology school with the vision of becoming a world class University of Technology and a centre of excellence in training, research and service delivery.
The school is known for merit which means if you prepare well you will be offer an admission. The following requirements is needed in gaining admission into the university.
FUTO Admission Requirements and Direct Entry Requirements, JAMB and Post-UTME Cut-Off Mark.
1. All candidates must possess at less, 5 O’Level credits or its equivalent in SSCE, GCE O’Level, which must also include English Language.
Candidates must score this in not more than 2 sittings.
2. The JAMB UTME cut off mark score is, at least 180 for all programmes.
3. All Aspirants, candidates must choose the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, FUTO as their 1st choice or 2nd choice of institution to qualify for the UTME and Post-UTME screening test.
4. While all Direct Entry (DE) applicants must possess at least 5 credit passes or its equivalent in SSCE, GCE, which must include English Language in not more than 2 sittings.
5. All Direct entry (DE) applicants must possess either of OND, HND or NCE in their relevant programme to be undertaken in Federal University of Technology, Owerri, FUTO.
6. An Acceptable score is prescribed for admission at the direct entry screening exercise.
7. The Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the direct entry screening result.
The great citadel has the following the following faculties and department:
Faculties and Departments FUTO offers;
School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology:
- Agricultural Economics – AEC
- Agricultural Extension – AEX
- Animal Science and Technology -AST
- Crop Science and Technology – CST
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology – FAT
- Soil Science and Technology – SST.
School of Engineering and Engineering Technology:
- Agricultural Engineering, AGE
- Chemicals Engineering, CHE
- Civil Engineering, CIE
- Electrical Electronic Engineering, EEE
- Environmental Technology, EVT
- Food Science and Technology, FST
- Material and Metallurgical Engineering, MME
- Mechanical Engineering, MEE
- Petroleum Engineering, PET
- Polymer and Textile Engineering, PTE
- Financial Management Technology, FMT
- Information Management Technology, IMT
- Maritime Management Technology, MMT
- Project Management Technology, PMT
- Transport Management Technology, TMT
School of Health Technology
- Dental Technology, DNT
Optometry and Optical Technology, OPT
- Prosthesis and orthopedic Technology, POT
- Public Health Technology, PHT
Psychokinetic and Biomedical Technology, PBT or Biomedical Engineering, BME.
School of Sciences:
- Biochemistry, BCH
- Computer Science, CSC
- Industrial Microbiology, IMB
- Industrial Chemistry, ICH
- Industrial Physics, IPH
- Statistics, STA
For more information about the university please follow the link; http://www.futo.edu.ng.