Do you love those your Nigerian dishes but you cant seem to shed that extra weight? Worry not. Informationhood will show you how to lose weight and still enjoy your Nigerian meals.
How To Lose Weight In Nigeria With Nigerian Foods
1. CARBOHYDRATE INTAKE
A typical African meal is rich in carbohydrates. Daily intake could include Yam in the morning, Rice in afternoon and cassava flakes at night. It is extremely important to watch your carbohyrate intake.
The body stores excess carbohydrate as Fat and continuous excess carbohydrate consumption result in increase weight gain. when trying to lose weight.
So try and cut down on the carbs.
2. MINIMISE PALM-OIL CONSUMPTION
The presence of high fat and calories content in palm oil increases the rate of cardiovascular problems. One solution to this issue is to look at an ingredient list when purchasing pre cooked items (e.g plantain chips), most chip companies fry their sweet chips in palm oil, avoid these as much as possible.
ALSO READ: How to Cure Headache at Home in Nigeria
3. CUT DOWN ON RED MEAT
Most Nigerian meals are always garnished with huge pieces of red meat. You can still eat red meat but trim off the fat on the meat if you want to eat it. Also, reduce your intake of red meat. Goat meat is better than beef because it has 50% less calories and fat.
4. OVEN BAKE/ (AVOID DEEP FRYING)
It is a fact that excessive consumption of fried foods increases the chances of gaining weight, but you can still eat fried foods and not gain weight. Avoid deep frying snacks and if you must fry, use as little oil as possible. This is called oven frying. Oven frying helps to save a bundle of calories and fat.
5. WATCH YOUR LIQUID INTAKE
Drinks are equally important when trying to lose weight. Soda drinks and minerals should be avoided completely. Even drinks like malts which contains 48g of carbohydrates should be avoided too.
If we can practice these few healthy points, we will not only be able to lose weight but live a healthy life.
6. Reduce The Take Of High Calorie Snacks (Fan Yogo, gala, lacasera, chin chin, buns, Puff puff, plantain chips)
These small snacks has proven to be of high fat to human, if you must achieve success then you should think of limiting consumption of high calories by limiting the intake of these snacks listed above.
Foods That Helps You Burn Fat Off Your Body in Nigeria
1. Plantain (Green)
2. Lemon (Zap some of it in water to drink daily)
3. Water Melon (Juicy!)
4. Red & Green Pepper
7. Soy Beans
10. Nuts (Cashew, Peanuts & Walnuts ) Contains Omega 3 healthy fat
11. Sea foods (e.g. Sardine, Crabs, Cray fish, Crustaceans)
12. Onion & Garlic
13. Olive Oil
14. Wheat & Oat based food (Wheat bread, Wheat meal, Quaker Oats)
16. Brown or Ofada Rice (healthier than white rice)
17. African Mango
18. Egg, plus the yolk
19. Avocados (Popularly called Pear in Nigeria)
These foods above have proven to be the best anti fat fighting agents. By adding these food in your daily intake will help you cut down fat faster than you ever think of, If you can’t get a whole of the above listed post you should be able to get some of them in your location.
Latest posts by Nwadike Gabriel (see all)
- Politics in Nigeria: Why Youths May Never Rule - September 30, 2016
- What Does the Colour of your Car Exhaust Smoke/fumes mean? - September 25, 2016
- Liberty Unique Hotel,Bwari Abuja. Contact and Details - September 23, 2016