Depending on the purpose of your travel to the Netherlands, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. But this is the general nitty gritty.
General required documents for Netherlands (Holand) Visa Application:
- First, download the application form and fill it completely. You can also fill the Netherlands Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel Visa Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within the Netherlands.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to the Netherlands and itinerary
- Flight Itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Netherlands
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Netherlands
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient fund for the period of stay in the Netherlands.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
IF A STUDENT:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
Types Of Netherlands (Holland) Visas Based On Visitation Purposes:
Dutch Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Dutch Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Dutch company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Dutch Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in the Netherlands, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Dutch Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Dutch Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Dutch Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Dutch Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Dutch citizen:
- Proof of Dutch citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Dutch nationality or naturalization order)
- Dutch marriage certificate
- Dutch family record book
Dutch Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Dutch Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
How to Apply
When applying at the Dutch embassy/consulate in Nigeria or other Country, guardians or parents should accompany under-age children.
The signed application form must accompany the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Applications can be carried out in any Netherland consulate nearest to you.
NETHERLAND CONSULATE OFFICES LOCATED IN NIGERIA:
Abuja Adddess: EU Common Embassy Complex, 21st Crescent, Off Constitution Avenue.
Lagos Address: 14a Water Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to comment and share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.