Looking for how you can start liquid soap production in Nigeria? You are not alone if you don’t want to go waste money at some seminars that won’t still teach you anything. So many people have gone to such places but still can’t produce soap and they have been to this post and still coming. On this post we want to guide you bow you can start making liquid soap all by yourself in Nigeria without a help of any one.
So many people ask is it really possible to have this done. The answer is yes, don’t just be reading also practice along your reading to become perfect. Now lets proceed
Liquid Soap Production in Nigeria
Before you head on, we want you to know that there are some required items to begin with which is necessary to get before you can begins. The good thing is that some of this items are bot difficult to get and as well not too expensive. We are going to list below is what is required to get started your liquid soap production.
CHEMICALS REQUIRED AND THEIR PROPORTION (20 Litres)??
The Chemicals required to produce liquid soaps are not expensive; they are readily available in our main markets or most chemical shops along the road. The vendors that sell the chemicals can advise you on the quantities for a smaller volume production according to your desire:
- Nitrosol (or Antisol)…….……… 1/8kg (i.e 125g).
- Caustic Soda…………………..……1/16kg (i.e 62.5g)
- Soda Ash (Sodium carbonate) ,,..1/8 Kg
- SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) ….1/8kg
- Sulphonic Acid………………..……..1 ½ Ltr
- STPP……………………………….… 1/16Kg
- Texapon ………………………….…1/8kg
- Foam Booster………………………1/6 Ltr
- Colour (As desired)
- Glycerine (Optional)
- Perfume (As desired)
- Vitamin E (Optional)
- A big mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon or stick for stirring
- A pair of Scissors
- Measurement bowl or container
- Hand glove
- Nose mask
- Rubber gloves
- Ferment the Caustic Soda before production process by dissolving with 1 litre of water and allowing for 24 hours or overnight. Please keep all chemicals out of reach of children. Caustic soda is corrosive to the skin.
- Dissolve the Soda Ash as above (i.e with 1 litre of water and keep overnight for fermentation to take place)
- Dissolve the Nitrosol with 10 litres of water in a bigger mixing bowl just before production. In case you want to opt for Antisol in preference to Nitrosol, dissolve in same amount of water and let it stay for at least 24-48 hours before production. Note: this should be properly dissolved and will look like ‘starchy solution’ at the end.
- Dissolve the SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) in 1 litre of water to produce a clear solution before production; keep it aside. This should be done at least one hour before production. If you want it to dissolve well, dissolve in water and leave over night.
- Dissolve the STPP (Sodium Tripolyphosphate) in 1 litre of water before production and keep aside too. (Some people don’t use STPP for whatever reasons best known to them)
- Mix the Texapon and Sulphonic Acid together. Mix very well and dissolve further with 2 litres of water. Stirring should be done gently until mixture is well dissolved and homogenous. Note that this particular step is exothermic process; meaning that heat will be generated if you do it well.
- Dissolve the powdered colour with small quantity of water and keep aside.
- Gently pour the dissolved mixture of Sulponic Acid and Texapon into the mixing bowl containing dissolved Nitrosol(or Antisol}. Stir very well and gently until mixture becomes homogenous. You need patience here.
- Add the dissolved Caustic Soda into the mixing bowl above and stir very well.
- Add the dissolved Soda Ash next and stir very well until even.
- Next, add the STPP and stir properly
- Add the Dissolved SLS and stir more.
- Add Foam Booster to make it foam very well.
- Add your Formalin and keep stirring
- Vitamin E and Glycerine can be added at this point. Dont forget to stir and stir.
- Finally, allow the lather formed to disappear, then add the dissolved colour and perfume, and stir properly.
- Now add the remaining water. Do this gradually, small quantity at a time, stir each time and pay close watch on the thickness until the desired is attained.
SOME PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES??
- Wear rubber gloves
- Use nose mask
- Carryout production in a well-ventilated environment with good illumination.
- In case of chemical splash to the face or delicate part of the body, wash very well with plenty water and see a physician as soon as you can.
- Keep all chemicals out of reach of children.
- Never taste any chemical with the tongue.
- Wear your apron or other protective clothing before you commence production.
- Most importantly, use your head. Don’t play with chemicals please.
Thanks for your time! I hope this is helpful. You may leave further questions or enquiry in the comment section below.