You must have known the value of drivers licences by now, that is why on this post we want to show you how to obtain the Lagos State Driver’s Licence. The Lagos State Government has demanded for drivers license of commercial vehicles and private companies to be certified by the Lagos State Driver’s Institute (LASDRI).
The report stated that death has increase in Lagos due to lack of people going through proper means of using vehicle on the road because of the fact that anyone can easily obtain the National Driver’s Licence without proper tests lead.
Some of the Problems Identified by the State Government Includes:
- Lack proper training / skill acquisition
- Lack adequate knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Road Sign illiterates
- Lack adequate knowledge of the Vehicle (Vehicle Illiteracy)
- Lack of understanding simple owner manual requirements for vehicle maintenance.
With the Resultant Effect of the Above Being:
- Road Traffic Crashes
- Traffic Jams / Congestion
- Road Rage
- Regular Brake Down of Vehicles on the Highways
- Environmental Pollution
- Health Hazards etc
If the Above is Curbed, the Benefits of the Drivers Training Institute would include:
- Professionalizing the activities of Drivers in the State
- Improved Driving Culture.
- Reduced Road Traffic Accidents.
- Reduction of Traffic jams / Congestion.
- Reduced Road Rage
- Improved Environmental Condition
- Improved Health conditions and decrease in associated hospital bills
- Increase in foreign exchange through reduced capital flight
- Improved Economic growth
Lagos State has make a moves to reduce the number of road accidents by introducing a non compliance fee ranging from N50,000 to N250,000 will be fined to defaulters depending on the offence. This was announced to ensure that everyone go through the proper means to obtain drivers license. And on this post we will be walking you through the process of how to get your Lagos State Drivers Licence.
The process of obtaining drivers license in Nigeria begins by acquiring the application form online. You can access this form by visiting the government website. Below is how to go about it.
How to Get The Lagos State Driver’s Licence
To obtain the Lagos state drivers license you have to download the Lagos State Driver’s Licence Application Form form the Lagos State Drivers Institute website on the downloads section find at right of the website when you visit http://lasdri.org/.
The form is very easy to fill and it access for free. The form are two different forms one is the Driver Application Form and the other is Driving School Application Form.
You can also download the forms from any of the links below
Drivers are required to download the Driver Application Form which and you need a passport photograph while, as for those who which to set up a driving school you are required to download the Driving School Application Form. After downloading the form from the above link, fill it careful and ensure all details listed in it are correct then visit their office to submit it. The form is easy to fill as it’s just one page.
This is the complete details how to get your Lagos State Driver’s Licence