On this article we will be showing you how to gain admission into the university of Benin (UNIBEN). The University of Benin known as (UNIBEN) is well-known in Nigeria standing as one of the best university, the school is of the first generation federal university. According to history, the school UNIBEN was founded in 1970, at that time it started as an Institute of Technology and was accorded the status of a full-fledged University by National Universities Commission (NUC) on 1 July 1971.
Over this years the school has grown huge and has also raise so many notable Nigerians. We learnt that some top Nigeria politician Babatunde Fashola, James Ibori and some others graduated from the university of Benin.
How to Gain Admission into University of Benin UNIBEN
The university admission process is not that much easy and it required quality position in you. The process of gaining admission into UNIBEN starts from having good SSCE result and obtaining high mark in your jamb. The fact is to say it has a lot do with you JAMB. Note that NNIBEN doesn’t appreciate having them as your second choice therefore it advisable to make them first choice if you truly have your mind on UNIBEN.
After successfully obtaining a good JAMB result you will then move on to write the school POST UTME testing exercise which will qualify you full access into the school. Don’t be too scared of this step, it’s still as easy even more than JAMB, you just have to focus and know that a little mistake here can send you back to write another JAMB exam the next year at the same time delay your time of entry into the university as you will have to wait for another here again.
If you where able to make your JAMB clean and fair then there is every believe you will also make this. We recently had that UNIBEN has recently introduce a new method of this test exercise call e-POST UTME. This is the act of writing the POST UTME Exam with computers, according to our research this practice was lunched on 17th of August 2015, and to everyone’s amazement it’s been an unprecedented success so far in the history of the University of Benin. According to their website statement, this act will continue in the school as mean of recruiting new students into the school but we later learned that the process was subsequently cancelled by the Federal Government.
University of Benin “UNIBEN” Admission Requirements
In order to proceed to admission process in Uniben, Candidates are required fulfill the following criteria:
1. Scored a minimum of 200 marks in the UTME for all courses except those for which higher benchmarks have been specified in the University Website, also note that it not all of the courses 200 marks qualify you for. Check here for (UNIBEN) cut off marks
2. Candidates are required to obtained at least five (5) credit passes at any of these exam SSCE, GCE O/L, NECO or their equivalent. The five credits must includes the following subjects, English Language, and Mathematics a credit is required for mathematics as well as three other relevant subjects at not more than two sittings, except for the MB.BS degree for which only one sitting is required. (four if excluding mathematics)
If you are posses the above requirement then you can proceed with the application process, click on Register For Application to proceed if you are applying for the first time or else login with your application id and password to continue if this is not your first visit.
UNIBEN is aware that several candidates had earlier registered for the previously scheduled Computer Based Admission Screening Exercise which was subsequently cancelled by the Federal Government.
For such candidates, they would not need to make any further payment in order to register for this Pre-Admission Screening exercise.
They are simply to login with their credentials and provide their WAEC /NECO / Other equivalent examination results.
For those candidates who are registering for the first time, the University will charge a fee of #2,500.00 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira) only for this screening exercise. Please note, this price and process is subjected to change at any time the school wishes but there must be a resemblance.
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR NEW APPLICATIONS
The procedure for the 2016/2017 Admission Screening application for first time applicants is as follows, therefore we assume the next 4 – 5 years will have common procedure/act:
Before starting the application process candidate is are advised to have a personal private valid e-mail account wish can be access at any time, you can create a gmail account here.
- Now visit www.uniben.edu and click on the Student Portal
- A new page will open, look for the current year application e.g UNIBEN ADMISSION SCREENING 2016/2017 and click on it.
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Enter your Surname Exactly as written on the JAMB Registration slip, and JAMB Registration number. Immediately, your ID and Password will be displayed on the browser.
- Go back to uniben.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter/put your username and the password to login.
- Time to proceed to the application, to start the application process, please click on ‘Application record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Make sure to upload a recent and clear 1” x 1” coloured passport photograph having red background in JPEG format only.
NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin. FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION and failure/forfeitures of admission.
How to Pay University of Benin “UNIBEN” Admission Application Fee
After completing the above application step then it time to proceed to the payment, to pay for the Application.
- Click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page.
- Then click on “College Pay” on the top left corner of the page, then follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N 2,500:00; Note that interswift will charge you additional 100 Naira as service fee, making it 2,600,00 Naira, so you must have this amount or more in your account before proceeding to application payment.
- After successful payment you then need to print out an acknowledgement slip that contains the screening schedule.
What Next After Applying for UNIBEN Admission
1. Candidates should go back always keep a track on-line from time to time to check for the Day, Venue and Time for the face – to – face Screening Exercise.
2. Candidate are to come to their screening centers with the following.
3. Acknowledgement slip/ Screening Invitation Slip that contains the screening schedule.
If you would want to contact the school regarding folder details, inquires or complaints use the given Uniben contact details list here.
Applicant must also be vigilant with latest news or information from the school in order to stay up to date, we will recommend you join nglead student forum to communicate with order students of UNIBEN and stay up to date.
Are we missing any part of your question or request regarding how to gain admission into University of Benin UNIBEN? kindly use the comment box below to ask your question, we will try to give answers to question within our reach.